Thursday, April 20

Whipping up food, fun, awareness for the blind

Greetings. Here's an article that appeared in the Austin American Statesman about a cooking competition that took place at the Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center, the state training center I work at, entitled, Whipping up food, fun, awareness for the blind. Though I didn't get to sample the food myself, since my lunch hour was shortened by the week long training, I've heard that the food was very good and the contestants did a great job. In fact, the two students that headed up the competition were featured on a local news program yesterday morning, as well as on the public radio station here in town. I'd say that's a good dayss work if you get coverage on three different media outlets. Granted not all of the media sources covered the story in the same way, but its still a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment