Sunday, September 24

Marlaina talks about guide dogs

Greetings. The following message regards a show on ACB Radio that Marlaina Lieberg hosts. Tonight's topic is on gide dogs. Read more for the details. I figure that, not only is a dedication for her to her newly retired dog guide, but one for me as well to Tony. After the show runs for 24 hours, it will be replayed next weekend on Sunday, and then go into Marlaina's Shows On Demand section of the ACB Radio site. Enjoy.

Hello friends. This is an announcement I'm sending far and wide and if you
are interested, I encourage you to do the same.

As many of you know, I have officially retired my guide of over 9 years,
Madeline. We've had a wonderful party aboard the Vision of the Seas, Royal
Caribbean's number one member of the voyager class ships, and yesterday we
had a grand party for her here at our home.

On the next Marlaina, we'll take a look at the concept of guide dogs. Our
first guests will be two puppy raisers who will tell us why they got into
this, the requirements and expectations placed on raisers, what it's like to
get and give back that first dog, and more.

We'll follow that up with a visit from a trainer from Guide Dogs for the
Blind, who'll tell us about the training experience, working the dog,
teaching the dog commands like left and right, and a bit about the class
experience.

Finally, we'll talk about retirement issues. How does one know when it's
time, how does one prepare for such a transition. We have a guest
tentatively lined up for this segment, but if it doesn't work out, we'll all
discuss the topic together.

It is my hope that this show will honor the concept of the human/dog
relationship, and I dedicate it to madeline, with appreciation for the
partnership we've had. Madeline is guide number seven; I've worked with
guide dogs since 1964; she'll always be very special and very dear to me.

Come join my guests and me, and help make this marlaina a very special show.

While I'm away, Jeff Bishop will be hosting the Marlaina program, and I know
he's got lots lined up for you!

All this and more is up for grabs on the next Marlaina, heard on ACB Radio
Mainstream.
It all starts on Sunday night at 9 PM Eastern, 6 Pacific, which is Monday
morning at 1 Universal. The program will replay for 24 hours, and of
course, is available via podcast from the ACB Radio replay page. As always,
we'll take your calls at our toll-free number, 866 666 7926.

Please save this message and click the link below on Sunday at 9 PM Eastern,
6 Pacific or Monday at 1 Universal to listen. I can't wait to spend time
with you there! Feel free to distribute this message to others whom you
think may be interested.

As always, thank you so much for your continued support of my ACB Radio
work!


Marlaina Lieberg

Click here to listen to the show, or visit the ACB Radio Mainstream Channel Page and click on the appropriate link to listen with your media player of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment