Monday, June 27

The Disappearing Cassette Tape

Check out this article from the BBC entitled Not Long Left for Cassettes.

As for me, I can truthfully say that pretty much the only tapes I listen to anymore are on my 4-track National Library Services tape player, also called a talking book machine. I've got probably dozens of tapes that are just sitting in my closet, but which I'll never listen to. However, I've got a lot of memories in those tapes, and will likely never get rid of them. They're kind of like audio albums.

Back in the day, I remember going down to the corner music shop, which for a long time was Music Wharehouse, and picking up the latest tape from my favorite group. Now, I just go to my favorite online store and order the CD.

For those that can appreciate tapes, take a moment and reflect on how the cassette tape has affected you.

Farewell tapes; you have contributed and you will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment