Saturday, July 26

Official word

Greetings. I wanted to drop you a note and let you know that I received my email from The Seeing Eye yesterday saying that I'm officially scheduled for the August 30 class. I've known for several months now that I was going to be in that class, or was "penciled in" for it anyway, but getting the notice via email just makes it that much more real to me.

I had requested to be notified via email when my acceptance was mailed out and I'm glad I did since there are several attachments that are exciting to read on one's own. This is something that I wasn't able to do (read the enclosed materials) on my own when I received notice of class scheduling for my first dog way back in 1995. It wasn't until I was halfway through the memorandum to students attachment that it dawned on me and I started calling friends and family.

So, now its time for me to prepare for the upcoming dog, organize my apartment, and so forth. I say, "Bring it on!" And, to those that are keeping track, August 30 is exactly 35 days from now, :)

I'm going to try and update my blog during training on my progress, thoughts, experiences, and other related information. They keep students pretty busy in class, but this will be my goal when I have some down time. I can't guarantee that it will be updated every day, but I'll definitely make a point to put new material up on a regular basis. This is one way that this trip to the Seeing Eye is different. With this newer technology, I can connect more readily with you the reader on my progress in class. I'm also looking forward to taking a picture of the new dog with my camera cell phone, and then emailing that to people so they can see what the dog looks like. Anyway, the next few weeks, class, and even the period shortly after class should be fun.

As they say on the news, "Stay tuned for more updates."

No comments:

Post a Comment