Saturday, November 12

Audible's Response

Greetings. At the suggestion of a friend, I emailed Audible about my concerns I wrote of yesterday. Below is their response to my username/password concern:

Response (Lori B. CC) - 11/12/2005 09:22 PM
Dear Wayne,

Thanks for contacting Audible, the world's largest online destination for downloadable audiobooks and other spoken-word entertainment.

Please note the call was legitimate. Our Marketing Department is contacting customers for various promotions (ie 2 free book trial). Please note that
there should be no need to ask you for your password, however, to reassure you, even we, cannot see neither your full credit card number nor your actual
password on the account.

I apologize for the inconvenience and concern this has caused you.

If you need further assistance, please try our online Help Center, where you'll find quick answers to many common questions and issues. You may also contact
us directly during our regular business hours:
Mon - Fri we are open 24 hours
Sat & Sun 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.

We appreciate your interest in Audible, and wish you many hours of great listening.

Sincerely,
Lori
Audible Customer Support

Now, I'm still wondering about the phone number access (them calling my home number and how they got the number), but perhaps I gave my home number instead of my cell. At any rate, the larger security concern has been addressed. So, I guess that if you get a call from Audible asking you for your username and password, then its legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment