Tuesday, November 8

Great Austin Job Development

Greetings. For those that don't know, I'm in the process of applying for a technology instructor job at the state's rehab center in Austin. I just got a call from the person hiring for the position, saying that the list of volunteer hours I sent him is enough, and that he can offer me an interview. I don't know much beyond the proposed day of next Monday sometime. It will probably be a phone interview, but that's fine. I've actually had more phone interviews than I have had ones in person. After that, if they like me, then I would go down to Austin and possibly have another interview in person, and then have to do some in person training on a set topic/software. This is mainly so they can see how I train and present things.

I'll call him tomorrow morning and work out the details. Considering that I applied for almost the exact position two years ago, this is quite exciting. I didn't get the job then because of a lack of experience. However, since I've been at the Assistive Tech Center, I have gained lots of experience, in teaching, developing curriculum, and learning more about work interactions and relationships.

If you can't tell from my writing, I'm getting excited about this pending interview. I'll write more when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment