Tuesday, November 8

A Weird Day

Greetings. Today's been a weird day for me. Since I usually work on Tuesdays, I kept waking up every half hour or so after 5am, and thinking that I had to go to work today. I finally got up at 7:15 and thought that I was late for work, and then it dawned on me that I wasn't going to work today.

It's been a little awkward today, with thinking about those things and having those feelings. I did hear from a long time friend from Houston, Ron Graham, who called (thanks Ron) earlier and we talked about what's been going on and other random stuff. That was good and helpful.

I'm going out to dinner later with another friend that I hook up with every week or two, and we'll no doubt talk about what's happened in recent days.

That's about all I have for today. I would normally be getting home right now, slipping into home type clothes, and taking a nap. I've already taken a nap a while ago, so I guess that's out of the way. Its odd to think at various times of the day, where you would be and what you would be doing at those times. This will take awhile to work through, but I'm in no hurry. I've had a couple of friends who are counselors tell me that it can take several weeks to a month to fully work through everything, and that sounds fine to me. As I say, I'm in no hurry. I don't plan on staying home and crying during the month, but I'm sure these moments and memories will come up and I'll deal with them when they do. That's lots better, I figure, than berrying them and acting like they don't exist.

I'll write more in the days ahead as things come up and occur to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment