Thursday, October 6

Been a Long Week

Greetings. It seems like a long week since I wrote last. Some of my problems have improved and gotten better, like my phone service came back late Monday afternoon, but I'm still having computer problems, which can likely be traced back to the new Comcast Cable modem. I had someone come out and look at it on Tuesday afternoon, the guy from Saturday since he didn't finish the job, but I'm still having the same problems. I had previously scheduled a technician to come this Sunday afternoon, and given all my troubles, I think I'll keep that appointment.

Donna, my coworker, has been great about helping me to try to get to the bottom of these problems. I will talk with her tomorrow and see if we can make some more headway, but I'm afraid that I might need to get a total modem replacement. I talked with someone from Comcast tech support tonight, and they basically came to the same replacement conclusion, which she put in her notes at my request.

My fan is still not up, but thankfully, fall has finally come to the Dallas area. Today, the high was in the sixties, for the first time in months. Yesterday it was in the 90's, and today in the 60's. Just proves the age old saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it will change." I don't think we'll be seeing 90 degree days for awhile yet. It looks like it will be in the 70's during the day over the weekend. After that we'll have to see.

Not much else to report. My apologies if I haven't responded to any emails that you might have sent me. This Comcast thing has thrown many of my daily services on my computer, like email, out of whack.

That's about all for now. I just wanted to give a brief update. Enjoy the upcoming weekend, and "Hook 'em Horns!"

No comments:

Post a Comment