Monday, August 8

Daylight Savings Change Coming

Yes, the government is going to change the start and end times of Daylight-Saving Time yet again, to start 3 weeks earlier and end 1 week later than they do now. Who would have thought that a simpel change could cause so much possible confusion and trouble across many different industries? My Ways News has a good article on this change, entitled, Daylight-Saving Switch May Cause Tech Woes. Personally, as the years go by, I tend to agree with others who say: Why don't they just decide on a set time, either behind or ahead, and stick to it, instead of switching the time every few months? Some would point out that there are parts of the country that don't change the time, such as Arizona and parts of Idaho. However, they still change time zones when the rest of the country is changing times, so it still proves to be a hassle in some sense. I suppose that if I had to pick between changing time zones or changing times, I'd pick the time change. After all, I would think that it would be a pain to have to keep track of which time zone you're in, especially when looking at the TV schedule: "Am I in Pacific or Mountain this month?" Although, I suppose that if one grows up in that environment, then one is used to the changing zones. Oh well. We do come full circle back to the question of why we can't figure out what time style we like best, and why we can't stick to that style all the time?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:30 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete