Saturday, August 13

Football Is Starting Soon

Shortly after the top of the hour from when I'm writing this, football begins! No, I don't mean the football game from Jim Kitchen; I mean the real thing. Sure, its just the pre-season and I likely won't watch much beyond the first half of any pre-season game, but it does mean that the "real thing" isn't that far away. And not just for the NFL, but also college football. It seems like forever since the Superbowl back in February, but now the wait is nearly over. I don't get into baseball very much, so when football ends each year, there's a bit of a lull. I do like hockey (when they play that is) and basketball, but not as much as the gridlock on the grid iron, the debates of natural grass verses artificial turf, and the over all feel of football season.

I don't expect the Cowboys to make it very far, in terms of play offs, but hey, its football! (Are you noticing a pattern here?) Besides, its not just about the Boys, its also going to be fun to follow the Texas Longhorns, the Aggies, the UNT Eagles (my alma maddar), and many of the other college and pro teams in the sport.

I've already got all the games for the Cowboys and a few from the other teams I mentioned scheduled in my PAC Mate's calendar. I'm all set.

So, for all the football fans out there, "Hut, hut, hut, hike!"

No comments:

Post a Comment