Saturday, August 20

Guatemala Update

Greetings. I am having a good time with my parents in Guatemala. Today we are in a town alled Antigua. We will do some shoppng when we post this. We just came from a restaurant where we ate lunch. I will post more details when I put up the journal, but that won´t be until I return next week. Thank you to those that said they would pray for my trip. There have been some noticeable things because of those prayers, like an angel in the aiport, good talk time, and good fun times with my parents. Keep praying though since the trip ain´t over yet.

Tomorrow we are going to a waterpark that is located near the Guatemalan Mexican border. Please pray that my return trip goes well. I was somewhat thrown for a loop when I discovered that there were hardly any English speakers at the airport. I am sure they are there, but for whatever reason, I didn´t come across them.

That is about all for now. Again, thanks for your prayers, and my apologies for not being able to post more often. But hey, some of these things can´t be helped.

Talk soon, Wayne.

1 comment:

  1. Wayne,

    Oh, I forgot to mention that Spanish speaking part about the airport. Sorry!

    I'm glad to hear you got to see Antigua. Its a beautiful town. I have several links about Guatemala I can share with you after your return, if you like. I didn't even remember that I had a folder of links when you first told of your impending trip. I came across them the day after you left and I said, "Duh...I could have shared these with Wayne before he left!" Oh well.

    I'm just excited that you are there and having a great time.

    Our prayers continue to be with you as you share this special time with your parents in our son's place of birth.

    Anxiously awaiting to hear about your travels,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete